LIVE EVENT: Hyde Park Angels & 1871 Entrepreneurial Education Series March 3, 2016
Published: Mar 3, 2016
Hyde Park Angels & 1871 Entrepreneurial Education Series:
When to Raise Venture Capital or Bootstrap - Program I, March 3, 2016
1871 Business Incubator, Chicago, 60654
Hyde Park Angels and 1871 continued their entrepreneurial educational programming in 2016. They presented "When to Raise Venture Capital or Bootstrap - Program I".
BreakingVoices.com live broadcast the event on Thursday, March 3, 2016 from at 6:30pm until 8:00pm.
The program included a panel of experts:Pam Netzky, Co-Founder & President, SkinnyPop Popcorn, Bill Pescatello, Partner, Lightbank, Kristi Ross, Co-CEO & President, dough & tastytrade, Katlin Smith, Founder & CEO, Simple Mills, Craig Vodnik, Co-Founder, cleverbridge
"When you take on investors, it's like getting married. Make sure you like them" –Katlin Smith of @SimpleMills— Hyde Park Angels (@hydeparkangels) March 4, 2016
How do you know if you're ready to raise your first round, or if raising is even your best option? Hear from successful entrepreneurs and investors to learn:
- The pros and cons of early-stage investment versus bootstrapping
- What is the right time to raise and when is too early
- What investors look for in a founder and a business
- What counts as proof of concept and what doesn't
- What investors see as red flags
- How to move forward if you are ready
Watch Hyde Park Angel’s Engrepreneurial Education Series “Connecting Corporations & Startups.
The Entrepreneurial Education Series feaures four panels, consisting of top entrepreneurs in the Midwest. The dates of the entire series are:
- How to Raise Venture Capital (Program 2): June 8, 2016 from 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Fund Your Startup through Corporate Sales, Partners, and Investment (Program 3): September 21, 2016 from 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Attract World-Class Advisors, Board Members, and Investors (Program 4): November 17, 2016 from 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Managing Director Pete Wilkins said, “we’re bringing some of the best minds in entrepreneurship and investment– people who’ve already achieved incredible success in both areas– together.”
Hyde Park Angels is bringing together successful, influential entrepreneurs and investors to teach you everything you need to know about early-stage investment. Attend all four programs and walk away with a thorough understanding of the early-stage investment cycle from start to finish or pick and choose program to supplement existing knowledge.
Street: 222 Merchandise Mart Plaza
Postal Code: 60654